Recipient Rights

Your Rights, Policies and Procedures

Your Rights

Our staff can assist you and assure your rights are respected. Our recipient Rights Staff will help you in filling out a complaint if you believe your rights have been violated. You may also contact Holly Hess, Recipient Rights Officer at 269-948-8041.


Your records are kept electronically in a secured system and are available only to approved staff unless you permit their release in writing. State and Federal Laws guarantee your rights of privacy. All privacy rules and your rights as a client will be explained on your first visit.



Fees are based on our cost to provide services. Your part of that fee is set up based upon your ability to pay. No one is refused mental health services if he/she cannot pay. There are some substance use disorder services which require payment in advance.


Recipient Rights Complaint

A recipient of community mental health services or anyone on their behalf can file a Michigan Recipient Rights complaint. If you feel like your rights or the rights of another have been violated, please complete a Michigan Recipient Rights Complaint Form. You may also call the Recipient Rights Officer, Holly Hess, at BCCMHA at 269-948-8041 with any questions or concerns. This form can be delivered in person, mailed, faxed or emailed to


Recipient Rights Advisory Committee Meetings

March 3, 2021 8:30 am

June 2, 2021 8:30 am

September 1, 2021 8:30 am

December 1, 2020 8:30 am